Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

fenugreek: capsules vs seeds

teacalm,
Thanks so much for this info. Now I can safely take the FG powder. Would you know about Hops powder? Same thing = no info on how many mg are in a tsp.

(07-03-2012, 11:18 PM)lostacres6 Wrote:  teacalm,
Thanks so much for this info. Now I can safely take the FG powder. Would you know about Hops powder? Same thing = no info on how many mg are in a tsp.

Hi Lostacres,

I go by soonenough also. When I registered, I forgot my password to teacalm, so I signed up for soonenough.

Anyway, a scant two teaspoons is about 2400 mg hops. I use the cup that goes with the children's allergy bottle, and fill this up a little under two teaspoon line. When i weighed, it's about 2400 mg in powder hops.

(07-03-2012, 08:17 PM)teacalm Wrote:  
(07-03-2012, 03:10 AM)Malina Wrote:  Thank you for your replies, what do you think would be an appropriate daily dosage for someone like me? I'm biologically female, and weigh around 122-123 lbs. I thought I was taking about the right amount (1800mg per day)

I'm 5'5 1/2" and weighs on average 124 lbs, and I took 3000 gr FG capsules as my only herb way back 12/2010 when I first started NBE. I grew an inch from 32.5" to 33.5" in less than a month. I took MSM, drank chicken feet broth and soy powder milk and massage like crazy. I reached a full 34D when breastfeeding my 4th baby; this could be why I responded fast.

Now, I take about a tsp FG in powder form, about 2300 grams to 2700 grams depending if it's leveled tsp or a little over the top. I also take about 2300 grams hops, 7 grams powder flax seed, and 20 grams oat flakes. Started 36" on this combinations 1/9/2012, and is now 36.5" 3/7/2012.

3000 grams FG a day seems to work for me. I also have taken the Greenbush Kit#2 combo: 3000 grams each of FG,WY, and SP. I grew an inch on that combo.
HI Teacalm,

How do you take the Hops? It taste sooo bad! And do you cycle it with other herbs, or do you take it during the full month? Also, I believe that Isabelle stated in one of her posts that you are suppose to take the same amount of FG and hops, do you go by that? What is the reason?

Thank you!

Hi,
I don't know what is the reasoning behind the equal ratio of fenugreek and hops, but that is the ratio that EveM took, and also the dose that Isabelle takes. I increased the FG dose to 1.5x, but my body doesn't respond to NBE when I take too much of herbs. I slowly decrease the FG down to my current level, 2.4 to 2.7 grams, and this is the level where I'm getting the gradual growth. I take 2.3 to 2.4 mg hops which is about equal ration to my FG intake.

I use to take the hops in powder form, but it was so bitter that I'm taking hops capsules now just to make sure I'm consistent in taking hops daily. Love hops...I feel the tingling almost immediately after taking it. Just makes me sleepy and lethargic sometimes so I had to take it at night before I go to sleep.

Soonenough (registered as teacalm the first time, and promptly forgot the password to teacalm, so I registered second time as soonenough.)

(09-03-2012, 08:26 PM)soonenough Wrote:  Hi,
I don't know what is the reasoning behind the equal ratio of fenugreek and hops, but that is the ratio that EveM took, and also the dose that Isabelle takes. I increased the FG dose to 1.5x, but my body doesn't respond to NBE when I take too much of herbs. I slowly decrease the FG down to my current level, 2.4 to 2.7 grams, and this is the level where I'm getting the gradual growth. I take 2.3 to 2.4 mg hops which is about equal ration to my FG intake.

I use to take the hops in powder form, but it was so bitter that I'm taking hops capsules now just to make sure I'm consistent in taking hops daily. Love hops...I feel the tingling almost immediately after taking it. Just makes me sleepy and lethargic sometimes so I had to take it at night before I go to sleep.

Soonenough (registered as teacalm the first time, and promptly forgot the password to teacalm, so I registered second time as soonenough.)

Thank you for the reply! I will adjust my herbs to balance Hops and FG. I gave in and got the hops capsules too, first I bought hops from a brewing store, you can get like 28g for $1.5, but so not worth the nastiness of actually trying to eat the stuff. Capsules are so much more expensive, but I can actually swallow them!

Thank you again!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon