Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Muscle Rub (Icy Hot)

Rainbow 

This is why I always tell people starting MR not to go over 30%. Your body can effectively excrete methyl salicylate up to 30% and to ALWAYS take breaks and cleanse. I know some like to continue on, but that's being very foolish, cleansing is only a plus in NBE!

(29-06-2013, 02:11 AM)surferjoe2007 Wrote:  I better say something since this seems to be catching on. The methyl salicylate in icy hot can be fatal with excessive applications. It has happened with an athlete who made constant use of muscle rub, though more often it happens in small children.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methyl_Sali...d_toxicity

Oh dear god, I just had the anxiety attack of the century after reading your post! I had just put on more MR than I usually do and I only weigh 49kg. I'm definitely going to use it more sparingly now.

Although you should've heard the lady from the crisis line I called, she seemed to think it was really funny that I thought I was going to die from muscle rub...

(29-06-2013, 07:24 PM)Cranberry Wrote:  
(29-06-2013, 02:11 AM)surferjoe2007 Wrote:  I better say something since this seems to be catching on. The methyl salicylate in icy hot can be fatal with excessive applications. It has happened with an athlete who made constant use of muscle rub, though more often it happens in small children.

Oh dear god, I just had the anxiety attack of the century after reading your post! I had just put on more MR than I usually do and I only weigh 49kg. I'm definitely going to use it more sparingly now.

Although you should've heard the lady from the crisis line I called, she seemed to think it was really funny that I thought I was going to die from muscle rub...

Why would call a crisis hotline? Methyl Salicylate (@30% and below) take months to build up in the body to points are toxicity. And if you were that worried, it would have been better to call the poison control center in your area and ask for more information.

(29-06-2013, 08:09 PM)Emily Loretta Wrote:  

Why would call a crisis hotline? Methyl Salicylate (@30% and below) take months to build up in the body to points are toxicity. And if you were that worried, it would have been better to call the poison control center in your area and ask for more information.

I have a really bad anxiety disorder, so I tend to blow the tiniest things out of proportion and freak out. I knew, deep down, that I wasn't actually going to die, I just needed help to get through my panic attack.

(14-06-2013, 05:08 AM)Smkk624 Wrote:  Not sure if I can handle the Muscle Rub on my breasts. The sensation is very strong on them...I also get very red and my nipples get very mad...The hot cold hot cold is a very strong sensation...wowza! How bout everyone else? Hows it been working for you?

What is nbe?

(29-06-2013, 08:54 PM)Cranberry Wrote:  

I have a really bad anxiety disorder, so I tend to blow the tiniest things out of proportion and freak out. I knew, deep down, that I wasn't actually going to die, I just needed help to get through my panic attack.

Wow I had no idea this would happen >_<. Sorry, well, think of the millions of athletes who use more and only 1 down so far. Use basic caution and don't worry.

(30-06-2013, 05:00 AM)surferjoe2007 Wrote:  
(29-06-2013, 08:54 PM)Cranberry Wrote:  

Wow I had no idea this would happen >_<. Sorry, well, think of the millions of athletes who use more and only 1 down so far. Use basic caution and don't worry.

Yeah, don't worry about it. I've had panic attacks from silly things like breaking a bracket on my braces, so this was bound to happen sooner or later. I do think I need to use it more sparingly though, because sometime my head is in the clouds, especially in the morning after I take my pills, and I accidentally rub on a lot more than I should. Maybe I'll cleanse more often, just to be safe. x) But thanks for the info!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon