Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Started my period too early from PC :0

Yk wat I actually do remember only take SP for awhile n it cause me acne! I was so confused n I had no other herbs in my system. Ya for now I'm just cleansing n ill start bak in a month or so Smile

(05-09-2013, 08:03 PM)tibetan113 Wrote:  Athena baby girl, that's why I suggested saw palmetto alone. You will use your own estrogen rather than from adding other e herbs like rc or pm and creating more acne from it all . Sp is strong e herb by itself. Plus its anti androgens/acne. So either you have a sudden flooding of e and/or its just a phase and will clear after a couple more months of pc. You prob woke up the e receptors and had a sudden reaction. Are you still taking any added e herbs like RC?
Maybe so is too much too soon then. Liver may be clogged up.
Okay so now its official, get a a saliva or blood spot done and cleanse in the meantime. Itl work out. I had this same reaction in the beginning of my bo program.

I took 2 antiandrogens and no e herbs, so with you its def some comb with PC and whatever else you maybe taking, well highly suspect anyway.

NBE is so confusing at times.

Hey, Athena Girl

I just posted a similar situation to yours. I was taking SP a few months ago and a couple weeks into it I started breaking out in crazy acne like I never had before. I stopped the SP but it wouldn't go away by itself even after two months. I had PC on hand and tried it on days 18 through the 26 of my cycle (progesterone levels are naturally elevated on those days) and my face cleared up a lot, but the same thing as you, I got my period like the 2nd day using it?! I use to get my period around the 20th now I got it on the 8th. I really don't know why it happened. I used it for the 6 days anyways then stopped.

I thought maybe my system was just adjusting so I thought I'd take it again the next cycle, again on the days 18-26 of my new cycle, but I still got my period around the 2nd day of using the PC. So I got it on the 28th?! My face cleared up even more though like 98% clear. But I don't know if I should use it or when.

I've wonder if I should use it when I get my period, but at the same time I don't want to rely on PC to clear up my skin especially bc the acne gets less clear when I stop the PC but still better than before.

AbiDrew mentioned Vitex and I do have that on hand and it is suppose to balance you. I'm gonna read up on it more and get my hormones tested as well.

Do you have any other experiences like the ones I wrote? It's so crazy, I just want my skin to be clear first. Has your skin cleared up?

(05-09-2013, 08:03 PM)tibetan113 Wrote:  Athena baby girl, that's why I suggested saw palmetto alone. You will use your own estrogen rather than from adding other e herbs like rc or pm and creating more acne from it all . Sp is strong e herb by itself. Plus its anti androgens/acne. So either you have a sudden flooding of e and/or its just a phase and will clear after a couple more months of pc. You prob woke up the e receptors and had a sudden reaction. Are you still taking any added e herbs like RC?
Maybe so is too much too soon then. Liver may be clogged up.
Okay so now its official, get a a saliva or blood spot done and cleanse in the meantime. Itl work out. I had this same reaction in the beginning of my bo program.

I took 2 antiandrogens and no e herbs, so with you its def some comb with PC and whatever else you maybe taking, well highly suspect anyway.

NBE is so confusing at times.

Were you referring to the acne when you said you had the same reaction when first starting? What 2 antiandrogens were you taking?

I'm interested in what your wrote here about the sudden flood of estrogen form the SP waking up your receptors and causing the acne. I didn't know SP was an estrogen herb. I took it as my first NBE herb because it was an anit-androgen but since breaking I've learned there are some people who have that reaction.

Do you think pm would cause the same reaction?

so heres my story, I tried following an ebook... took milk thistle 2 weeks before my period, then start herbs. the herbs I was taking was fenugreek, redclover, and saw palmetto. few days later I got horrid acne. so I kept taking the fenugreek n the acne wouldn't go away so I stopped that too n I started drinking lots n lots of water to flush it out n lemon water in the morning (lemon water for ph balance in your body) then yes! went away. So I read just to take saw palmetto and theyre anti androgens so I took that n again, acne! so I thought maybe PC was the way to go cuz I felt like everything was giving me acne, so I tried 2 weeks before my period and started spotting, then started my period on like the 4th day. I stopped using it the day after and 2 days later I started getting pimples.. which I have now. its not as bad as what I got from the herbs tho! its just a couple here n there... I am now taking milk thistle to balance my body again, drinking lots of water, lemon water and ima starte drinking spearmint tea.

I really HATE pimples so I really just wanna balance my body.

and for PM... im not sure but I heard a lot of women got acne.. but u need to know if ur estrogen dominant cuz if u are, PM is not gonna help and will give u acne

(08-09-2013, 10:27 PM)Crystena Wrote:  Hey, Athena Girl

I just posted a similar situation to yours. I was taking SP a few months ago and a couple weeks into it I started breaking out in crazy acne like I never had before. I stopped the SP but it wouldn't go away by itself even after two months. I had PC on hand and tried it on days 18 through the 26 of my cycle (progesterone levels are naturally elevated on those days) and my face cleared up a lot, but the same thing as you, I got my period like the 2nd day using it?! I use to get my period around the 20th now I got it on the 8th. I really don't know why it happened. I used it for the 6 days anyways then stopped.

I thought maybe my system was just adjusting so I thought I'd take it again the next cycle, again on the days 18-26 of my new cycle, but I still got my period around the 2nd day of using the PC. So I got it on the 28th?! My face cleared up even more though like 98% clear. But I don't know if I should use it or when.

I've wonder if I should use it when I get my period, but at the same time I don't want to rely on PC to clear up my skin especially bc the acne gets less clear when I stop the PC but still better than before.

AbiDrew mentioned Vitex and I do have that on hand and it is suppose to balance you. I'm gonna read up on it more and get my hormones tested as well.

Do you have any other experiences like the ones I wrote? It's so crazy, I just want my skin to be clear first. Has your skin cleared up?

Yeah, I experienced some things similar to you. I felt the SP caused acne for me and experienced clearer skin with PC, but with some of the blemishes coming back after I stopped the PC. And also the early period with the PC too.

I've since visited my primary doctor and she gave me a script to get a blood test but told me to wait until the 26th to make sure the PC was totally out of my system. I read some people talking about getting two blood tests to check your hormones during different times of your cycle since your hormones change during your cycle, so I'm gonna look into that more and ask if I should get a 2nd one later on or maybe even see a hormone doctor. I don't know I think maybe a lot of things I experience might be affected by my hormones.

I really want to try vitex, googling different things I've notice a lot of people who benefited from PC also benefited from vitex and on another forum some people said they thought SP worked better for guys and vitex for girls and there were a lot of people who broke out with SP.

I don't think vitex will necessarily be an immediate cure all or cause immediate clear skin, but it seems that some people get overall balanced hormones, including clear skin when using it over several months and maybe that's what I need but I'm going to get my test done first. I'm waiting till after the 26th to get it.

Did you ever get a blood test?

I totally get what you mean by wanting to balance your body, that's what I'm focusing on too. I also tried the lemon water in the morning, my skin hasn't cleared from it but it's been good for my digestion, so I'm actually going to keep doing that.

Tea tree oil has been helping my blemishes though, so look into that if your still also breaking out. I dab a little on each blemish.

When ever my skin clears I'll definitely post what happened!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon