Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Let's get boobified!

Rice protein, got it! Thanks. Smile If I get something icky, I'll probably just wind up eating even less than I do now, which totally defeats the purpose. So this info helps a lot.

Im a big fan of those powders and id get it but like Peggy said dont get the soy one.

Will definitely avoid soy at all costs. Thanks!

Hi BB, how are you doing? Any updates? Smile

Pea protein...I had to give up on that, it was so bad. I'd use peanut butter to cover the texture plus flavouring and it was still just...wrong. Try Olympus Health, they have really cheap combined protein stuff in mass, they're a bit grainer than the normal whey though. Whey tastes best in my opinion. However, I ditched the shakes as a means of extra calories as I ended up eating less because of them - I'd end up bloated from concentrated dairy/protein, they made my tummy funny and psychologically I'd end up having them instead of food, leaving room for them etc :L Be careful!

Yikes, isobasic! Definitely don't want to deal with bloating. My flat tummy is the only thing I've got going for me. I have whey protein; maybe I'll just stick with that, once a day, and try to force myself to eat real food more. My appetite has been better, but I've still lost more weight!

Thanks for the great info.

(30-06-2014, 02:36 PM)blessedbreasts Wrote:  Yikes, isobasic! Definitely don't want to deal with bloating. My flat tummy is the only thing I've got going for me. I have whey protein; maybe I'll just stick with that, once a day, and try to force myself to eat real food more. My appetite has been better, but I've still lost more weight!

Ah I feel you! That sucks. Stress? I think the best thing you can do is try and eat as best you can (easier with stuff you like), without worrying too much about being healthy (but not being disgusting obvs haha). Anything you can do to de-stress will help you to put on weight, if you're like me.

(30-06-2014, 02:48 PM)isobasic Wrote:  
(30-06-2014, 02:36 PM)blessedbreasts Wrote:  Yikes, isobasic! Definitely don't want to deal with bloating. My flat tummy is the only thing I've got going for me. I have whey protein; maybe I'll just stick with that, once a day, and try to force myself to eat real food more. My appetite has been better, but I've still lost more weight!

Ah I feel you! That sucks. Stress? I think the best thing you can do is try and eat as best you can (easier with stuff you like), without worrying too much about being healthy (but not being disgusting obvs haha). Anything you can do to de-stress will help you to put on weight, if you're like me.

ps - if you haven't bloated so far you might be ok, just remember moderation!

Thanks, isobasic. MAJOR stress, like you would not believe, like practically verging on traumatizing. Sad I've actually been doing what you suggested, just taking it easy on myself and letting myself eat whatever I want without badgering myself over how unhealthy it is. But in the end I never eat large quantities of things. Like yesterday all I had for breakfast was 2 small pieces of French bread with olive oil and some hot chocolate. Lunch was the same size or smaller. No snacks and a light dinner. But at least that's an improvement from two weeks ago, when I was only eating 2 small meals a day.

Trying to relax and indulge in things that make me smile and laugh, spending lots of time with my kitty cat, and making sure to read and get outside in the sunshine. Stress is no joke.

(30-06-2014, 03:00 PM)blessedbreasts Wrote:  Thanks, isobasic. MAJOR stress, like you would not believe, like practically verging on traumatizing. Sad I've actually been doing what you suggested, just taking it easy on myself and letting myself eat whatever I want without badgering myself over how unhealthy it is. But in the end I never eat large quantities of things. Like yesterday all I had for breakfast was 2 small pieces of French bread with olive oil and some hot chocolate. Lunch was the same size or smaller. No snacks and a light dinner. But at least that's an improvement from two weeks ago, when I was only eating 2 small meals a day.

Trying to relax and indulge in things that make me smile and laugh, spending lots of time with my kitty cat, and making sure to read and get outside in the sunshine. Stress is no joke.

Sounds like you're doing a lot of the right things Smile I stock up on choc when my appetite is down...it's liquid at body temperature so it goes down easily plus it's also CHOCOLATEY. Hope you feel better soon, you deserve it!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon