Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

afraid of taking herbs

(21-05-2014, 11:47 AM)Karren Wrote:  
(21-05-2014, 12:53 AM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  
(21-05-2014, 12:45 AM)AnnieBL Wrote:  
(20-05-2014, 07:40 PM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  
(20-05-2014, 05:12 PM)Karren Wrote:  Side effects are scarry.... I'm on tumor medication that causes raymunds syndrome.... blood draining your of your fingers... and extreme compulsions and obsessions... like crossdressing! lol. but nothing like blood clots..... that's why I like breast pumping.... as long as you keep the pressure down... no side effects....

Karen does the raymunds cause blood draining all the time or just in the extremeties of cold? I ask as in winter now this can happen to me, I can have one if not all fingers if its cold enough the blood drains right out of them and im left with cold numb fingers. It comes back relatively quickly when i warm them up but its an aweful experience

I've had Raynaud's syndrome for the past few years, caused or triggered I think by peripheral neuropathy. Recently it has occurred less often and with less severity, coincidentally(?) during the period I have been taking fairly large doses of PM. For me, it doesn't necessarily need cold to trigger it. My step daughter also suffers from it quite severely. I have also had problems during winter with split heels, but this last winter the heel splits were quite minor, but I have suffered a latge number of splits on my thumb and finger tips and my knuckles. I don't know whether this has anything to do with NBE. Lavish use of moisturizers helps, but only reduces rather than prevents.

Thanks annibel.
Sounds horrid. I suspect circulation plays a part if not the cause for my fingers.
I need more meat on my skinny bones Dodgy

I have re-aquired my taste for chocolate ice cream however... roll on a few pounds to keep me warm over winter Rolleyes

Yes.. cold related. if i touch somethimg cold....one or more finger will just go white... its a nerve thing. closes all the capillaries ... high correlation between those who take Bromocriptine also have Raynauds....
Yes that's the one. I can have one finger go bone yellow and have no feeling in it only in winter though, I'm wearing gloves this winter for sure. I wonder what the root cause is, some deficiency of sorts? Im going to look it up.

Everything I've read says they don't know the cause.... some people have it really bad..... fingers... hands... feet and toes...

(21-05-2014, 07:20 PM)Karren Wrote:  Everything I've read says they don't know the cause.... some people have it really bad..... fingers... hands... feet and toes...

Thanks Karren.
Me being the hypochondriac that I am the last thing I need to do is start googling the cause Big Grin

(20-05-2014, 06:51 AM)lovely11 Wrote:  ginger is used in breast reduction products. I read, I think on here, that it does something with the cycle (maybe it was promotes menstruation). It could probably be used at a specific time of the cycle depending on its effects on hormones, So far, I have doubts about ginger.

Hi Lovely11 ! Is there any study about this ? I´ve been taking ginger´s tea and I love in fact I think it is helping me.

I haven't seen anything yet, except online product labels and a mention. Don't know its active ingredients.

Just searched:
This is about ginger relieving discomfort in a menstrual problem http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3518208/

here's a (all free) PMC search of 'ginger' and 'menstrual' http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/?term=ginger+menstrual

you can also use affiliated pubmed, but it has some behind paywalls. A lot can be done with PMC
Thumbs Up 

My package has arrived

now advise me , how much should i start taking my herbs?

i got
PM (100 mg)
Maca (500 mg)
evening primrose oil (500 mg)
Gingko (120 mg)

I found something on maca. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles...po=36.9565 It has an effect on hormones, it has no effect on FSH, LH and thyroid hormone. I don't understand what it says about progesterone and estrogen, because it is worded so badly. from table 4, it raised estradiol and lowered progesterone; table 8, it doubled progesterone (different times of the cycle?). Maca increased glucose, and reduced cortisol. maca helps the adrenal glands.

My guess is that maca nourishes the blood.

Maca sounds like its good to take during menstruation, (not ruling it out for other times). its good for building tissue, too, because of its action on glucose and cortisol.

yup, maca is supposed to balance the hormones

and gingko is supposed to aid in blood

PM is supposed to be doing its job..
primrose oil too

lovely11, could you tell us more about Gingko biloba? i didnt understand why its risky .

a lot of herbs are said to balance the hormones, in fact those ones have specific hormone effects (not balancing). Maca and Ginseng (maybe other adaptogens) might be the only ones I know of that truly balance the hormones. Maca might also lower iron to improve bodily function.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon