Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Bra measuring

Yeah, you're right. Better to try on bras for fit than rely on the tape measure.

With regard to bra fitting, let me offer my advice, based on trying to get a snug fit with a large band and small cup size.

Firstly, the brassiere is a foundation garment, giving support, uplift & breast shaping. It needs to be a snug fit and you are bound to get band marks across your back and strap marks on your shoulders. If your bra doesn’t mark you, it is not doing its job.

Firstly, your bra band should be tight, so that if you insert your hand under the rear clasp and turn it 90 degrees, then the maximum band extension should be about four fingers. That’s quite snug. A new bra should fasten on the loosest set of hooks to allow for the band to stretch.

Also the band should sit under your shoulder blades and be level or below your bra cups. If your band rides up on your back, you need a smaller band size.

Your straps should be tightened so that you can lift the strap to the bottom of your ear and no more. Again, that seems tight, but otherwise you will suffer the curse of fallen bra straps. You will suffer grooves across your shoulders, but after these become permanent, your straps will locate nicely!

Having got a snug back band size, experiment with cup sizes. You probably need a bigger cup size than you think. Put on the bra and scoop all your breast tissue into the cup. If there is a gap at the top, go down one cup size. If you are popping out, go up one size.

The cup size you need will probably depend on whether you are considering a soft cup, plunge or pushup bra, plus the effect you wish to achieve. I have endured lots in order to get a big cleavage!

Generally, a sports bra will offer wide straps, full cups, a deep band and soft support, whilst a really sexy bra will produce discomfort, chafe and strap marks, but lovely wobble & cleavage.

Essentially, fashion will require some pain and grooved shoulders!

(13-08-2014, 11:04 PM)valerie anne Wrote:  Your straps should be tightened so that you can lift the strap to the bottom of your ear and no more. Again, that seems tight, but otherwise you will suffer the curse of fallen bra straps. You will suffer grooves across your shoulders, but after these become permanent, your straps will locate nicely!

Valerie Anne! Thank you so much for sharing! That's the best guideline I've ever heard before for adjusting bra straps! I'mma try it now! Big Grin <3

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon