Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

My small breasts and I

oh I made the broth too thanks to your suggestions. it was bloody nice too. I was too scared to keep it after two days so a lot went to waste. but when im motivated il make it again Smile

(02-11-2014, 06:09 AM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  oh I made the broth too thanks to your suggestions. it was bloody nice too. I was too scared to keep it after two days so a lot went to waste. but when im motivated il make it again Smile

Hey that's awesome!! Good on you for giving it a go!! Xxx

Argh Ella my test revealed NOTHING have no idea why my rummy is crummy Sad

(06-11-2014, 12:08 PM)Libertybel Wrote:  Argh Ella my test revealed NOTHING have no idea why my rummy is crummy Sad

Is this the giardia test?
Have you done a gluten or coeliac? I had a blood coeliac and that was clear and my hair allergy said im fine with gluten/wheat and my digestion is still effedd too.

Are you on maca?
I am.. Lotus thinks this could be a culprit..

I have digestive pains around my intestines not necessarily my stomach. Gonna try no coffee today and see how I go. Might knock the maca on the head too if it carries on.

Hi Ella & Libertybel!

Just a question - do you use raw Maca, gelatinized Maca, or some Maca extract? Many people run into digestive problems taking RAW Maca due to the starches it contains. In Peru, Maca is not eaten raw.

Years ago, when I took Maca for the first time, it was a raw form - it took 10 days or so until I ran into problems, in the end I had to completely stop taking it. Even then, it took a while until I was completely ok again. Symptoms were absolutely worst when taken together with Yoghurt or protein shake.

I do not have any problems taking Maca extract or gelatinized Maca at all (and I am currently taking LOTS).

As an aside: The raw "Maca Monster" from www.therootofthematter.ca, which does not contain the starches as it is dried root juice, does not cause problems for me either. It has a strong radish-like taste to it (so I would not recommend it to anyone suffering from heartburns easily), but only very little of it is needed, as it is highly concentrated.

(06-11-2014, 07:30 PM)Sunny68 Wrote:  Hi Ella & Libertybel!

Just a question - do you use raw Maca, gelatinized Maca, or some Maca extract? Many people run into digestive problems taking RAW Maca due to the starches it contains. In Peru, Maca is not eaten raw.

Years ago, when I took Maca for the first time, it was a raw form - it took 10 days or so until I ran into problems, in the end I had to completely stop taking it. Even then, it took a while until I was completely ok again. Symptoms were absolutely worst when taken together with Yoghurt or protein shake.

I do not have any problems taking Maca extract or gelatinized Maca at all (and I am currently taking LOTS).

As an aside: The raw "Maca Monster" from www.therootofthematter.ca, which does not contain the starches as it is dried root juice, does not cause problems for me either. It has a strong radish-like taste to it (so I would not recommend it to anyone suffering from heartburns easily), but only very little of it is needed, as it is highly concentrated.
Hi Sunny.
Mine is gelatinized so it may not be a prob. I have a lot of stress which Im putting mine down to. I have no need to be stressed but i just am. That's why i wonder if my hormones are right.
Its just hormone tests cost sooo much Sad

Hmmmm, I'll check!!

That's no good Ella. Hope you feel better soon Sad

I went to the doctor and said I thought my hormones were out of whack. They did a blood test which was free, and said my hormones are fine. Can u do that in NZ for free??

I'm pretty sure it's macca extract. It's a "now" product.

(06-11-2014, 07:45 PM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  Hi Sunny.
Mine is gelatinized so it may not be a prob. I have a lot of stress which Im putting mine down to. I have no need to be stressed but i just am. That's why i wonder if my hormones are right.

Jaaaa.... exactly... saving up for the whole family to get tested here, that'll be a serious investment (husband, daughter and myself). We could go to the GP's office but that would require a lot of discussion for the test to be done on the correct days and I'd prefer urine over blood, too - in the end they'd probably do a blood test on some random day and only check for estrogen or something like that. So I'll rather pay...

Good to hear that the Maca will probably not be the culprit in your case - had read of so many people abandoning wonderful Maca due to having taken the raw form, so I thought I'd rather ask Big Grin

(06-11-2014, 08:22 PM)Sunny68 Wrote:  
(06-11-2014, 07:45 PM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  Hi Sunny.

Jaaaa.... exactly... saving up for the whole family to get tested here, that'll be a serious investment (husband, daughter and myself). We could go to the GP's office but that would require a lot of discussion for the test to be done on the correct days and I'd prefer urine over blood, too - in the end they'd probably do a blood test on some random day and only check for estrogen or something like that. So I'll rather pay...

Good to hear that the Maca will probably not be the culprit in your case - had read of so many people abandoning wonderful Maca due to having taken the raw form, so I thought I'd rather ask Big Grin

Sunny and liberty when do you guys think a blood hormone test would best be done in my cycle? I know Peggy said bloods aren't reliable but at least they are free as a starting point ...

(06-11-2014, 06:44 PM)ELLACRAIG Wrote:  
(06-11-2014, 12:08 PM)Libertybel Wrote:  Argh Ella my test revealed NOTHING have no idea why my rummy is crummy Sad

Is this the giardia test?
Have you done a gluten or coeliac? I had a blood coeliac and that was clear and my hair allergy said im fine with gluten/wheat and my digestion is still effedd too.

Are you on maca?
I am.. Lotus thinks this could be a culprit..

I have digestive pains around my intestines not necessarily my stomach. Gonna try no coffee today and see how I go. Might knock the maca on the head too if it carries on.

I had both tests Ella. I don't eat much gluten at all so I'm not surprised it's negative. I'll have to start eating it again for 6 weeks for a clearer test result.

Coffee seems to be irritating my gut too. I love coffee Sad 1 or 2 lattes a day I will truly miss Sad

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon