Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Simple Successful Stories

I am so taking notes, thanks Lotus! Star, cant wait to read to read about your journey. Smile

Just read in NBE quick tips that we should stay away from green tea and turmeric which is kinda the opposite of what Lotus said and in another forum it was stated that the caffeine in green tea is unlikely to hinder the growth process. What's the truth?

(13-04-2015, 05:09 PM)Star7733 Wrote:  Just read in NBE quick tips that we should stay away from green tea and turmeric which is kinda the opposite of what Lotus said and in another forum it was stated that the caffeine in green tea is unlikely to hinder the growth process. What's the truth?
---------------------------------------------------------------
Lotus is correct. I am right now drinking my morning green tea with a tsp of coconut oil in it. Smile POM

You want the truth?, no problem, here you go........if you prefer the outdated info to current research, then be my guest. Besides what I've shared below, I won't be providing additional information, In fact, I'll be more than happy to remove what I've posted.

Other spices (thyme, oregano, and turmeric) and herbs (hops) found to contain relatively high ER-binding activity are common ingredients in foods and beverages and may have weak estrogenic activity in vivo.

http://www.cancersupportivecare.com/estr...#progestin
http://www.cancersupportivecare.com/estr...a.html#TOC

(04-02-2014, 02:42 PM)myboobs Wrote:  
(04-02-2014, 01:49 AM)Lotus Wrote:  Another great link:
http://www.liverdoctor.com/liver/the-liv...ification/

From our forum

DANDELION ROOT- Increases bile flow from the liver. It can be used in capsule,tincture,or a tea form.

GREEN TEA- Protects and cleanses the liver from toxin damage,as well as with tumors of the liver. (Hence Vit C too,as it is high antioxidant)

MILK THISTLE- Strengthens liver cells & stimulates bile production.

TURMERIC ROOT- Helps with inflammation of the liver. It acts as an anti- inflammatory herb that elevates enzymes that help detoxify and cleanse

From the ACS:
http://www.cancer.org/treatment/treatmen...tearea=ETO

http://list-of-herbs.com/best-colon-liver-cleanse/
I like this list!

I'm sure others have there own! Post em if you have em (please) Big Grin

I personally use tumeric (1/2) teaspoon in warm water with mAnuka honey and clove of raw garlic twice a day . This regime is for one week every 3-4 months . These herbs are according to ayurveda no side effects what so ever .

(30-01-2015, 09:08 PM)Lotus Wrote:  Here's the techno stuff, this study is a complete breakdown of how effective green tea is, I'll also provide additional info/pics etc, related to GT.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/art...1714000056
New insights into the mechanisms of polyphenols beyond antioxidant properties; lessons from the green tea polyphenol, epigallocatechin 3-gallate ☆

Highlights

Many biological actions of EGCG are mediated by specific mechanisms other than its well-known anti-oxidant properties.

EGCG is a pro-oxidant per se in some biological contexts.

EGCG directly interacts with cell surface membrane proteins and specific known receptors.

Treatment of cells with EGCG regulates specific intracellular signaling pathways and transcription.

Specific biological actions of EGCG are regulated in a concentration-dependent manner.
Abstract
Green tea is rich in polyphenol flavonoids including catechins. Epigallocatechin 3-gallate (EGCG) is the most abundant and potent green tea catechin. EGCG has been extensively studied for its beneficial health effects as a nutriceutical agent. Based upon its chemical structure, EGCG is often classified as an antioxidant. However, treatment of cells with EGCG results in production of hydrogen peroxide and hydroxyl radicals in the presence of Fe (III). Thus, EGCG functions as a pro-oxidant in some cellular contexts. Recent investigations have revealed many other direct actions of EGCG that are independent from anti-oxidative mechanisms. In this review, we discuss these novel molecular mechanisms of action for EGCG. In particular, EGCG directly interacts with proteins and phospholipids in the plasma membrane and regulates signal transduction pathways, transcription factors, DNA methylation, mitochondrial function, and autophagy to exert many of its beneficial biological actions.

(30-01-2015, 09:44 PM)Lotus Wrote:  Some important other facts about GT, I'm just in amazement of this study tbh, I mean who knew green tea had this much potential. Imo it was a minor supplement, and it had no real NBE value.

EGCG-activated eNOS pathways that improve cardiovascular function and anti-cancer effect in the presence of PDE5 inhibitor

Intracellular signaling pathways
In cell culture, the majority of [3H]–EGCG is found in the cytosolic fraction [34]. This suggests that biological actions of EGCG may occur through EGCG metabolites or interaction with intracellular molecules. As mentioned above, EGCG produces low level reactive oxygen species, including hydrogen peroxide that may act as a second messenger for downstream signaling pathways [23], [36], [64], [97] and [121]. This action may be mediated by direct chemical reactions of EGCG with compounds at the cell surface. However, additional unknown receptor-mediated signaling pathways cannot be excluded. EGCG also increases other intracellular second messengers including Ca2+, cAMP, and cGMP.

DNA methylation
EGCG has epigenetic functions in chromosomes [25]. Aberrant methylation on CpG islands cause gene silencing that leads to altered cellular physiology and cell proliferation. EGCG inhibits DNA methyltransferase (DNMT) which reverses methylation-induced gene silencing by directly binding to DNMT with an IC50 of less than 1 μM EGCG [26]. This suggests that EGCG is transported to the nucleus. Although this function of EGCG has been known for a decade, the specific genes affected by this mechanism are not well defined and this area requires further investigation.

Recent molecular, cellular, and animal studies have begun to reveal detailed mechanisms linking drinking green tea and life-style adjustment with prevention of chronic diseases including cancer, diabetes, and cardiovascular disorders. Furthermore, chemical modification of an EGCG pharmacophore may modify relative therapeutic activities so that combinatorial supplementation may synergistically enhance beneficial health effects [8] and [30].

I'd suggest following more updated research. Lotus is extremely knowledgable about NBE and how each vitamin/supplement/herb relates, functions and effects your body in many ways, and is constantly researching and sharing scientific data.

Btw- thanks for this info, Lotus! I'm taking notes as well Smile

Lotus is our NBE professor. Smile POM

Goodness, Blush thanks everyone, like Pom says, it's from the heart. Big Grin I wish D-cups for everyone Tongue

(13-04-2015, 05:50 PM)Lotus Wrote:  You want the truth?, no problem, here you go........if you prefer the outdated info to current research, then be my guest. Besides what I've shared below, I won't be providing additional information, In fact, I'll be more than happy to remove what I've posted.

Other spices (thyme, oregano, and turmeric) and herbs (hops) found to contain relatively high ER-binding activity are common ingredients in foods and beverages and may have weak estrogenic activity in vivo.

http://www.cancersupportivecare.com/estr...#progestin
http://www.cancersupportivecare.com/estr...a.html#TOC

(04-02-2014, 02:42 PM)myboobs Wrote:  
(04-02-2014, 01:49 AM)Lotus Wrote:  Another great link:
http://www.liverdoctor.com/liver/the-liv...ification/

From our forum

DANDELION ROOT- Increases bile flow from the liver. It can be used in capsule,tincture,or a tea form.

GREEN TEA- Protects and cleanses the liver from toxin damage,as well as with tumors of the liver. (Hence Vit C too,as it is high antioxidant)

MILK THISTLE- Strengthens liver cells & stimulates bile production.

TURMERIC ROOT- Helps with inflammation of the liver. It acts as an anti- inflammatory herb that elevates enzymes that help detoxify and cleanse

From the ACS:
http://www.cancer.org/treatment/treatmen...tearea=ETO

http://list-of-herbs.com/best-colon-liver-cleanse/
I like this list!

I'm sure others have there own! Post em if you have em (please) Big Grin

I personally use tumeric (1/2) teaspoon in warm water with mAnuka honey and clove of raw garlic twice a day . This regime is for one week every 3-4 months . These herbs are according to ayurveda no side effects what so ever .

(30-01-2015, 09:08 PM)Lotus Wrote:  Here's the techno stuff, this study is a complete breakdown of how effective green tea is, I'll also provide additional info/pics etc, related to GT.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/art...1714000056
New insights into the mechanisms of polyphenols beyond antioxidant properties; lessons from the green tea polyphenol, epigallocatechin 3-gallate ☆

Highlights

Many biological actions of EGCG are mediated by specific mechanisms other than its well-known anti-oxidant properties.

EGCG is a pro-oxidant per se in some biological contexts.

EGCG directly interacts with cell surface membrane proteins and specific known receptors.

Treatment of cells with EGCG regulates specific intracellular signaling pathways and transcription.

Specific biological actions of EGCG are regulated in a concentration-dependent manner.
Abstract
Green tea is rich in polyphenol flavonoids including catechins. Epigallocatechin 3-gallate (EGCG) is the most abundant and potent green tea catechin. EGCG has been extensively studied for its beneficial health effects as a nutriceutical agent. Based upon its chemical structure, EGCG is often classified as an antioxidant. However, treatment of cells with EGCG results in production of hydrogen peroxide and hydroxyl radicals in the presence of Fe (III). Thus, EGCG functions as a pro-oxidant in some cellular contexts. Recent investigations have revealed many other direct actions of EGCG that are independent from anti-oxidative mechanisms. In this review, we discuss these novel molecular mechanisms of action for EGCG. In particular, EGCG directly interacts with proteins and phospholipids in the plasma membrane and regulates signal transduction pathways, transcription factors, DNA methylation, mitochondrial function, and autophagy to exert many of its beneficial biological actions.

(30-01-2015, 09:44 PM)Lotus Wrote:  Some important other facts about GT, I'm just in amazement of this study tbh, I mean who knew green tea had this much potential. Imo it was a minor supplement, and it had no real NBE value.

EGCG-activated eNOS pathways that improve cardiovascular function and anti-cancer effect in the presence of PDE5 inhibitor

Intracellular signaling pathways
In cell culture, the majority of [3H]–EGCG is found in the cytosolic fraction [34]. This suggests that biological actions of EGCG may occur through EGCG metabolites or interaction with intracellular molecules. As mentioned above, EGCG produces low level reactive oxygen species, including hydrogen peroxide that may act as a second messenger for downstream signaling pathways [23], [36], [64], [97] and [121]. This action may be mediated by direct chemical reactions of EGCG with compounds at the cell surface. However, additional unknown receptor-mediated signaling pathways cannot be excluded. EGCG also increases other intracellular second messengers including Ca2+, cAMP, and cGMP.

DNA methylation
EGCG has epigenetic functions in chromosomes [25]. Aberrant methylation on CpG islands cause gene silencing that leads to altered cellular physiology and cell proliferation. EGCG inhibits DNA methyltransferase (DNMT) which reverses methylation-induced gene silencing by directly binding to DNMT with an IC50 of less than 1 μM EGCG [26]. This suggests that EGCG is transported to the nucleus. Although this function of EGCG has been known for a decade, the specific genes affected by this mechanism are not well defined and this area requires further investigation.

Recent molecular, cellular, and animal studies have begun to reveal detailed mechanisms linking drinking green tea and life-style adjustment with prevention of chronic diseases including cancer, diabetes, and cardiovascular disorders. Furthermore, chemical modification of an EGCG pharmacophore may modify relative therapeutic activities so that combinatorial supplementation may synergistically enhance beneficial health effects [8] and [30].

Sorry if I caused any offence, but as people say: Just checking. The other post seemed quite legit so I thought it's best to ask and make sure. I truly appreciate your help, I really do so please don't stop posting here on my account.

So, a quick update since I'm nearing the end of the third week I've been doing NBE. I've been taking 15drops 3times a day of 1:3 Fenugreek, Saw Palmetto and Red Clover tinctures. I've also been doing massage in the evening with a drop or two of one of the tinctures and coconut oil. I started with doing 300 circles around my breasts every evening but it didn't do anything for me so two days ago I looked up some alternative techniques and found this Japaneese massage in the forum:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tTlQYd9Cnro

I now have growing pains even though I do it for 5-10 min which is significantly less than the time I spent on doing the circle rubs and also less tiring.

In addition, I've been eating a bit of coconut oil and hemp seed oil(check it out, it is said to even reduce tumor cells) and occasionally drinking a capsule of fish oil with omega 3,6 and 9. Those things I do because they are good for my health as a whole but I'm sure that my breasts get some of the benefits, too.

Finally, I do believe that I have some minimal growth but nothing obvious. Clearly, taking photos would show me if there's any progress but I'm just terribly paranoid about having naked photos even if they are on my personal device. Considering where I started I find it surprising anything is happening at all since many people don't see results for months.

Anyway, that's it for now, though I am beginning to wonder if doing just the massage won't be better. Less effective, yes, but safer and cheaper.

Thanks Lotus for always be sharing knowledgeSmile
Star what's the type of the massage that you referred? The link it's not working.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon